11 C 90. Through what angle has it turned in 10 seconds? cos24 +cos55 +cos125 +cos204 +cos300 =½. Prove that :

Size: px
Start display at page:

Download "11 C 90. Through what angle has it turned in 10 seconds? cos24 +cos55 +cos125 +cos204 +cos300 =½. Prove that :"

Transcription

1 Class - XI Maths Assigmet 0-07 Topic : Trigoometry Q If the agular diameter of the moo by 0, how far from the eye a coi of diameter cm be kept to hide the moo? cm Q Fid the agle betwee the miute had of a clock ad the hour had whe the time is 7:0 AM 00 Q The agle i oe regular polygo is to that i aother as : ad the umber of sides i first is twice that i the seco Determie the umber of side of two polygos, Q The umber of sides of two regular polygos are as : ad the differece betwee their agles is Fid the umber of sides of the polygos 0, Q A railway trai is travellig o a circular curve of 00 metres radius at the rate of km/hr C 0 Through what agle has it tured i 0 secods? Q cos +cos +cos +cos0 +cos00 =½ Q7 Prove that si Q Prove that : 7 si si si sec sec ta ta Q Q0 Q Q If A, B, C, D be the agles of a cyclic quardilateral, take i order, prove that cos(0 A)+cos(0 +B)+cos(0 +C) si(0 +D)=0 Prove that : taa taa taa=taa taa taa Prove that : sia=cos(a B)+cosB cos(a B)cosA cosb A A si A Prove that : si si ad, lie betwee 0 ad, prove that ta Q If cos, si Q Prove that : ta70 =ta0 +ta0 Q If ta ( cos )=cot( si ), prove that cos Q If cos cos cos, prove that cos cos cos si si si 0 Q7 Prove that : Q If ta A + ta B=a ad cot A + cot B = b, prove that cot(a B) Q If ta x ta x ta x Q0 If, are two differet values of lyig betwee 0 ad which satisfy the equatio cos + cos si ta cos si a b ta x ta x, the prove that ta x si =, fid the value of si( + ) Q If si + si = a ad cos + cos = b, show that (i) si ab a b ii cos b a b a

2 cos cos cos 0 Q Prove that : cos Q Prove that : cos 0 cos 0 cos 0 cos 0 Q Prove that : si0 si 0 si 0 si 70 Q Prove that : i cos cos si si cos ii cos cos cos cos cos cos cos cos x cos x cos x cot x si x si x si x Q Prove that : Q7 A B cos A cos B SiA si B cot, if is eve Prove that : si A si B cos A cos B 0, if is odd Q Prove that : si si si si si si si Q If Q0 If cosec A + sec A = cosec B + sec B, prove that : ta A ta B cot Q If si A si B,, prove that taa B Q Show that : Q Prove that : Q Prove that (i) cos Q si m,, prove that ta m cos m taa B ii si cos cos sec ta sec ta 7 cos cos cos 7 si si si Prove that : cos A cos A 0 cos A 0 7 Q Prove that : cos cos cos cos Q7 Prove that : cos A cos A cos A cos A cos A Q Prove that : cos A=cosA 0cosA+cosA Q Prove that : cos A cos0 A cos0 A cos A Q0 Prove that : cos A cos 0 A cos 0 A cos A si A si A A B

3 Q Prove that : i cot 7 iii ta ii ta Q Prove that : cos cos si Q Prove that : cos cos cos si Q Prove that : ta ta 0 ta ta 0 ta 0 ta 0 Q Show that Q Prove that : cos ec0 sec 0 ta ta ta cot cot Q7 If ta ta, prove that ta Q If ta cos Q si B cos a b ta, prove that ab a cos b a b cos If cos cos cos,, prove that ta ta ta Q0 If cos cos cos the prove that oe of the values of ta is ta cot cos cos Q If ta p where =, beig acute agle, prove that p cos ec q sec p q q Q Prove that si Q Prove that cos cos lies i [, 0] Q Prove that si si ta0 ta0 +7ta0 = Q Evaluate : cosec +cosec +cosec +cosec Q Prove that : si +si +si +si =+si +si Q7 Prove that : si x si x si x ta 7x ta x cos x cos x cos 7x Q Prove that cos0x + cosx + cosx + cosx = cosx cos x

4 Q Prove that : cos cot 7 Q0 Prove that ta(x y)+ta(y z) + ta(z x)=ta(x y) ta(y z) ta(z x) Q ta ta cos ec Prove that ta ta Q If six+siy=a ad cosx+cosy= Fid the value of ta Q Prove that si si si si Q Prove that cos cos si si cos si Q Show that ta x ever lies betwee & ta x Q Pove that cosx sixsix cosx sixsix cos7x sixsix cos - cos 7 six cosecx cosecx Q7 Prove that Q Determie the smallest positive value of x for which si - cos x y ta(x + 00 )=ta(x+0 )tax ta(x -0 ) Q (x=0 ) Sketch the group of the followig fuctios : i y si iii x ii y=cosx y y x iv y=six+cosx v y= six vi y= cosx vii y=si x Q70 If si si = cos cos +=0, prove that + cot ta = 0 Q7 If cos(a+b)si(c D)=cos(A B) si(c+d), show that taatabtac+tad=0 Q7 Solve cos cos cos Q7 Solve si x sixcosx cosx= Q7 Show that ta ta7 ta +ta =, x= ta = x= ta =

5 Maths Assigmet 0-07 TRIGONOMETRICAL FUNCTIONS AND IDENTITIES Q The value of cos ec 0 sec 0 is equal to si 0 si 0 cos for real values of is Q The maximum value of si Q The miimum value of cos +cos for real values of is Q Q7 x=y x> y If cos 0 - si 0 = p the cos 0 is equal to oe of these 0 0 oe of these x= y p p p p The value of si oe of these 7 si si si si si si is equal to oe of these The value of cos 0 cos r 7 cos cos cos cos is oe of these oe of these oe of these r is equal to The value of si oe of these p p Q 7, x ad ta, x are i AP ad ta, y ad ta, y are also i AP the If ta Q0 - Q Q oe of these The least value of cos -si cos +si + is Q The value of cos ec 0 sec 0 is equal to Q si 0 si 0 si si to terms is equal to 0

6 Q Q Q If ABCD is a covex quadrilateral such that sec A + = 0 the the quadratic equatio whose roots are ta A ad cosec A is x -x+=0 x -x-=0 x +x-=0 oe of these If ABCD is a cyclic quadrilateral such that taa-=0 ad cos B+=0 the the quadratic equatio whose roots are cos C, ta D is x -x-=0 x +x+=0 x -x+=0 oe of these The umber of real solutios of the equatio si(e x)=x+-x is Q Q7 0 ifiite The umber of values of x i the iterval[0,] satisfyig the equatio si x-7si x+=0 is Q 0 0 I a triagle ABC, a=, b=, A=0 The c is the root of the equatio c-c-7=0 c+c+7=0 c-c+7 c+c-7 If the sides a,b,c of a triagle ABC are the roots of the equatio x-x+-7=0, the the value of cos A cos B cos C is equal to a b c Q Q 7 7 The straight roads itersect at a agle of 0 A bus o oe road is km away from the itersectio ad a car o the other road is km away from the itersectio the the direct distace betwee the two vehicles is km km km 7 km If i a triagle ABC cos A cos B cos C a b a b c bc ca the the value of the agle A is Q0 If i a triagle ABC, bc ca ab the cos A is equal to 7 oe of these

7 si cos for some 0 The the greatest Q The sides of a triagle are sia, cosa ad Q agle of the triagle is If the area of a ABC be the a si B+b si A is equal to Q a) b) c) d) oe of these I a ABC, A:B:C=:: The a b c is equal to a) c) Q b b I a ABC, A= b) d) c a, b-c= cm ad ar ( ABC)= cm The a is a) cm b) cm c) cm d) oe of these 7

8 Class - XI Maths Assigmet 0-07 Topic : Sequeces ad Series Sectio-A Q Show that the sequece <a> defied by a = + is ot a AP Q Fid the umber of idetical terms to the two APs,, upto 0 terms ad,, 7,, upto 0 terms (0) Q Fid the sum of first terms of the AP a,, a if it is kow that a+a+a0+a+a0+a= (00) Q If s, s, sm are the sum of terms of m APs whose first terms are,, o ad commo differeces are,,, (m ) respectively Show that s s s m m m A eve o of AM's are beig iserted betwee them ad their sum exceeds their umber by Fid the o of meas iserte () Q The sum of two umbers is Q If a, b, c, d, e, f, are i AP the prove that e c=(d c) ad a b+c d+e=0 Q7 I a AP, t7=, the fid the value of commo differece d that would make t t7t greatest (0) Q The sum of three terms of a AP is ad their product is 7 Fid the least term Q The sum of the first four terms of a AP is The sum of the last terms is If the first terms is, fid the o of terms () Q0 The umbers t(t +), ½t ad are cosecutive terms of a AP If t be real, the fid the ext two terms of the AP (, ) Q If Q If the sum of first terms of the AP,,, is equal to the sum of the first terms of the AP 7,,, the fid () Q Fid the sum of terms of a AP whose middle term is 0 Q Fid the umber of umbers lyig betwee 00 & 00 which are divisible by 7 but ot by Q Fid the coefficiet x i (x+)(x+)(x+)(x+) Q If a, a, a are i AP, where ai>0, i, the evaluate 7 7, fid 0 terms i a a a a ii a a a a a a a a () () () (0) N a a a a ( )(a a ) a a a a a a (0) k a a k if <a> is a AP k Q7 PT a a a a a k Q There are AM's betwee & such that th mea : (-)th mea= : Fid () Q Evaluate a+b+c+d+e+f if a, b, c, d, e f are AM's betwee & () Q0 PT a, b, c are i AP iff,, are i AP bc ca ab

9 Q Fid the coefficiets of x, x, x7 i (x+)(x+)(x+)(x+)(x+) Q Fid the sum to terms Q If S is the sum of AM's betwee a & b ad A is the sigle arithmetic mea betwee a & b, the evaluate S/A () + + upto terms 7 7 Q If a, a, a are i AP, ST a a a a a a a a Q I a sequece, the first o is (,0, 077) ( ) ( )( ) The d o is first o divided by more tha the first o The rd o=d o divided by more tha the d o ad so o What is the 00th term of the sequece? 0 Q If the fifth term of a GP is Fid the product of its terms Q7 If ap+q=m ad ap q=, fid ap if these are terms of a GP m Q If a=+b+b+b+ Write b i terms of a a Q Fid the sum to ifiity x x x x ( x ) x x Q0 If x=(00), fid x Q If Q Fid all sequeces which are simultaeously AP ad GP Q I a icreasig GP, the sum of the first ad last term is, the product of the secod ad the last but oe term is If the sum of the series is, fid the umber of terms i the series () Q r r r () r, fid r ad r (0, ) (Costat) If S is the sum of terms of a GP {a} ad S is the sum of terms of the sequece, the a show that S=aas' Q Let x be the arithmetic mea ad y, z be two geometric meas betwee ay two positive umbers, prove that y+z=xyz Q If x, y, z are distict positive umbers, prove that (x+y)(y+z)(z+x)>xyz Further if x+y+z=, show that ( x)( y)( z)>xyz Q7 A Sail starts movig towards a poit cm away at a pace of cm per hour As it gets tired, it covers oly half the distace compared to previous hour i each succeedig hour I how much time will the sail reach its target? (Never reach) Q I a set of four umbers, the first three are i GP ad the last three are i AP with a commo differece of If the first umber is same as the fourth, fid the four umbers (,,, ) Q If x>0, prove that x x

10 Q0,, are i AP c d e (,, ), (,, ) Let a, b, c, d, e be five real os Such that a, b, c, are i AP b, c, d are i GP If a= ad e=, fid all possible values of b, c, ( )( ) Q Fid the sum of the series +( )+( )++ Q Fid the sum to terms Q Fid the sum of product of first atural os take two by two Q Q Q Q Q Q Q7 If +x + x, a ad x+ x are three cosecutive terms of a AP, the the values of a are give by a a> a< a If the series of atural umbers is divided ito groups (); (,,); (,,7,,), ad so o, the the sum of the umbers i the th group is +(+) +(+) ( ) + ( ) + If x, y, z are i AP where the distict umbers x, y, z are i GP, the the commo ratio of GP is / / If the sum of four umbers i GP is 0 ad the AM of the first ad the last is, the the umbers are,,,0,,,,,, oe of these Sum to ifiity of the series is oe of these 0 upo terms : () + () is equal to digits Q0 Q ( )( )( ) Sectio B (Objective Type Questios) The umber of umbers lyig betwee 00 ad 00 that are divisible by 7 but ot by is 7 oe of these The largest term commo to the sequeces,,,, to 00 terms ad,,,, to 00 terms is 7 oe of these Q ( ) ( )( ) upto terms digits 0 If the sum of the series 0 oe of these 7 upto terms 0

11 Q I a sequece of (+) terms the first (+) terms are i AP whose commo differece is, ad the last (+) terms are i GP whose commo ratio is 0 if the middle terms of the AP ad GP are equal the the middle term of the sequece is Q Q oe of these The coefficiet of x i the polyomial (x )(x )(x )(x ) is oe of these If (-p)(+x+x +7x+x+x)=-p, p the the value of p is x If the sides of a right agled triagle are i AP the the sies of acute agles are Q Q Q Q7,,, oe of these Value of is equal to oe of these oe of these The value of 0 is Q I a GP the first, third ad fifth terms may be cosidered as the first, fourth ad sixteeth terms of a AP The the fourth term of the AP, kowig that its first term is is Cosider the te umbers ar, ar, ar, ar If their sum is ad the sum of their reciprocals is the the product of these te umbers is Q Suppose a, b, c are i AP ad a, b, c are i GP If a>b>c ad a+b+c=, the the value of a is Q0 If a i, where a, a, a, a are i AP, the the value of Q The cosecutive odd itegers whose sum is are,, 7,, 7,, i 0 a r r 0 is,,

12 Class - XI Maths Assigmet 0-07 Topic : Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equatios & Liear Iequatios x i a ib, prove that a b x x Q If Q Fid the value of z +z+7z z+ if z i Q Evaluate 0 Q If z, & z be ay complex umbers, the show that i Re(z z )=Re(z )re(z ) Im(z )Im(z ) ii Im(Z,z )=Re(z )Im(z )+Im(z )Re(z ) Q Fid real such that Q x 0 i si is i si =, z purely real ( ) si, purely imagiary If a b ci, ab,c R, show that c i a+b= ad b c a c Q7 If a & b are differet complex umbers with, the fid the value of Q If (+i)(+i)(+i)=x+iy,st 0(+ )=x+y Q Let z=x+iy ad w Q0 For ay two complex umbers z & z, Prove that z z z z Q Q iz If w =, the show that z is purely real z i z z Fid the modules ad pricipal argumet of i i i, ii i cos i si, If z & z be two o-zero complex umbers such that z z z z, fid arg(z) arg(z) Q x y x y Fid the square root of i y x y x Fid z if iz+z z+i=0 Q If z = z == z =, prove that z z z Q x y i y x z z z

13 Q If z <, prove that iz Q7 If Q Q Q0 a ib, prove that a+b=a cos i si Express (+x)(+y)(+z) as the sum of two squares (xy x y z) (xy+yz+zx ) Show that (x +y )=(x x y+y ) +(x y xy ) Show that the area of the triagle o the Argad plae formed by the complex umbers z, iz ad z Solve the followig equatios over C z+iz is Q Q x i x i 0 ii x ( i)x+(+i)=0 iii x x +x x +x =0 Solve i i, i, +i iv x x7 ii x+y =, x y= x, x 7 x7 x x x iv,, x 7x x 7 x A electricia ca be paid uder schemes as give below : I: Rs 00 ad Rs 70 per hour II : Rs0 per hour If the job take x hours, for what values of x does the scheme II give the electricia better ways : A maufacturer has 00 litres of a % solutio of aci How may litres of a 0% acid solutio must be added to it so that acid cotet i the resultig mixture will be more tha % but less tha %? 0 l < x < 00 l Solve graphically : i x+y ii x+y 7x+y x+y x, y x+y x, y 0 x, y x, y iii Q Q Q Q i ii x x x x (, ) (, ) x How may litres of water will have to be added to litres of the % solutio of acid so that the resultig mixture will cotai more tha % but less tha 0% acid cotet! iii Q7 x 7x 7x x, x x Q Solve x x x Q Solve x, x Q0 Solve x iv,0, 7,,,, 0, x R, x i x ii ; x R, x x,,

14 Class - XI Maths Assigmet 0-07 Permutatios & Combiatios Q Fid if Cr : Cr+ : Cr+ = : : Q How may arragemets ca be made usig the letters of the word MATHEMATICS? I How (=)!!!!!!!!! may of them are the vowels together? Q A committee of is to be formed from me ad wome I how may ways ca this be doe if at least wome are iclude at most wome are iclude c b c c bc c c c b c c bc b c Q Fid the rak of the word FARIDABAD as writte i the dictioary (00) Q Fid the umber of proper divisors of 0 Q The result of football matches (wi, loss, draw) are to be predicte How may differet forecast ca cotai exactly correct results C Q7 For a set of six true or false questios, o studet has writte all the correct aswers ad o studet have give the same sequece of aswers What is the maximum umber of studets i the class, for this to be possible () Q I how may ways ca this diagram be coloured subject to the followig coditios? () i Each of the smaller triagle to be paited with oe of the colours : red, blue or yellow () ii No two adjacet regios receive the same colour () Q How may atural os ot exceedig ca be formed with the digits,, ad, if the digits ca repeat? () Q0 Fid the umber of zeros at the ed of 0! Q If all the permutatios of the letters of the word INDIA are arraged as i a dictioary, what are the th, th, 0th ad 0th words (DAINI, NADIIM, NAIDI, NIIDA) Q I how may ways ca getleme & ladies be seated at a roud table so that o two getleme are together? (0) Q If & r are positive itegers r, show that () C r+ C r + C r = +C r Q A studet has library tickets ad books of his iterest i the library Of these, he does ot wat to borrow chemistry part II, uless chemistry part I is also borrowe I haw may ways ca be choose the books to be borrowed? ( C + 7C ) Q A ma has childre to take them to a zoo He takes three of them at a time to the zoo as ofte as he ca without takig the same childre together more tha oce How may times will he have to go to the zoo? How may times a particular child will go to the zoo? ( C + 7C )

15 Q There are 0 poits i a plae Of these 0 pts, pts are i a straight lie ad with the exceptio of these pts, o three pts are i the same straight lie Fid (i) the o of triagles forme (ii) The o of straight lie formed (iii) the o of quadrilaterals formed, by joiig these te poits (i) 0 C C (ii) 0 C C+ (iii) 0 C C C C Q7 Six X s have to be placed i the square of the figure give, such that each row cotais at least oe x, i how may differet ways ca this be doe? (C ) Q I a group of boys, there are hockey players I how may ways ca boys be selected so as to iclude at least hockey players? ( C C + C C 7+ C C ) Q How may words with or without meaig each of vowels ad cosoats ca be formed from the letters of the word DAUGHTER? (C C!) Q0 How may -letter words ca be made usig the letters of the word ORIENTAL? Q I the figure, two -digit umbers are to be formed by fillig the places with digits The umber of differet ways i which the places ca be filled by digits so that the sum of the umbers formed is also a -digit umber ad i o place the additio is with carryig, is (d) Q Q 0 oe of these Th H The umber of proper divisors of pqr is (p) T U (b) (p+q+)(q+r+)(r+) (p+q+)(q+r+)(r+)- (p+q)(q+r)r- oe of these The umber of proper divisors of 00 which are also divisible by 0, is 7 oe of these (d) Subjective questios : Q I how may ways ca people be seated i a car with two people i the frot seat ad three i the ( p p ) rear, if two particular persos out of the five caot drive? Q How may o-zero umbers ca be formed usig the digits 0,,,, ad if repetitio of digits is ot allowed? (0) Q What is the largest iteger such that 0 is divisible by? Q7 Prove that (i) Pr=r Pr + Pr (ii) +P+P+P++P=+P+ Q How may eve umbers are there with three digits such that if is oe of the digits i a umber the (7) 7 is the ext digit i that umber () Q How may umber of -digits ca be formed with the digit,, ad Fid the sum of those umbers Q0 How may differet words ca be formed with the letters of the word UNIVERSITY so that (i) all the vowels are together (ii) all vowels are ot together (iii) o two vowels are together (iv) all vowels are together ad the cosoats are together (i) 7!! 7!!7 p! (ii) 0!! (iii) (iv)!!!!!

16 Q Q I how may ways ca the letters of the word ARRANGE be arraged so that i the two R s are ever together? (00) ii the two A's are together but ot the two R's? (0) iii either the two A's or the two R's are together? (0) If Cr : Cr : +Cr= : :, fid ad r 7 C r i C (C) Q Fid the value of the expressio Q Q Fid the umber of divisor of 00 Fid the total umber of ways of selectig -letters from the letters of the word INDEPENDENT (70, 00) The letters of the word OUGHT are writte i all possible orders ad these words are writte out as i a dictioary Fid the rak of the word TOUGH i the dictioary Fid the rak of the word ROBIN whe all letters are arraged to form a dictioary Fid the umber of (i) permutatios (ii) selectio of -letter words formed with the letters of the word PROPORTION Fid the rak of the followig words whe the letters are arraged as i a dictioary (i) INDIA (ii) RUSSIA (iii) MOTHER (iv) SHOBIT Fid the umber of (i) permutatios (ii) selectios of - letter words formed with the letters of the word (a) MATHEMATICS (ii) PROPORTION (iii) MISSISSIPPI There are 7 boys ad girls I how may ways ca they be seated i a row so that (i) o restrictio (ii) all girls sit together (iii) all girls do ot sit together (iv) o two girls sit together Fid the umber of sides of a polygo havig 0 diagoals We wish to select persos from persos, but if the perso A is chose, the B must be chose I how may ways ca the selectio be made? There are 0 poits i a plae of which are colliear No three of the remaiig poits are colliear How may differet (i) straight lies (ii) triagles formed by joiig these poits Q Q7 Q Q Q0 Q Q Q Q i

17 Class - XI Maths Assigmet 0-07 Biomial Theorem Q Fid the coefficiet of x i the expasio of x x Q Fid the middle term i the expasio of (x +y) x Fid the term idepedet of x i the expasio of x Q Show that Q Q Q (7) 0 0 C is a eve positive iteger ad hece fid the itegral value of (7) The coefficiets of cosecutive terms i the expasio of (+x) are i the ratio : : Fid (7) If P be the sum of the odd terms ad Q that of the eve terms i the expasio of (x+a) prove that i (x a ) =P Q ii (x+a) (x a) =PQ iii (x+a) +(x a) =(P +Q ) Prove that i (+x)-x- is divisible by x N ii -- is divisible by Q7 Q Q I the expasio of, the ratio of 7th term from the begiig to the 7th term from the ed is :, fid () r- r r+ If the coefficiets of x, x ad x i the biomial expasio of (+x) are i AP, prove that -(r+)+r -=0 () If a, a, a, a be the coefficiets of four cosecutive terms i the expasio of (+x), the prove that a a a a a a a a a Q0 Q Fid the umber of itegral terms i the expasio of ( /+7/)0 If a, b, c ad d i ay biomial expasio be the th, 7th, th ad th terms respectively, the prove that b ac a c bd c i the expasio of x x x Q Fid the coefficiet of Q Q Fid the coefficiet of x i the expasio of (+x) +(+x)++(+x) 0 Write the umber of terms i the expasio of i Q x 0 x 0 ( C ) ( C C ) () ii ( x+x x ) () 0 iii (x+y+z) C If a & b deote the sum of the coefficiets i the expasios of ( x+0x ) ad (+x ) respectively, the write the relatio betwee a ad (a=b) 7

18 Q Fid a, x ad i the expasio of (a+b) if the th, 7th ad th terms i the expasio of (x+a) are, 7 ad respectively (=,x=,a=½) Q7 Prove that the coefficiet x i (+x) is twice the coefficiet of x i (+x) Q x x Fid the coefficiet of the term idepedet of x i the expasio of (0) x x x x 0 Q Q0 Q ad x 7 i ax ad fid the relatio betwee a & Fid the coefficiet of x i ax bx bx b so that these coefficiets are equal (ab=) Usig biomial theorem Prove that (0) >00 + Usig biomial theorem, idicate which is larger () 0000 or 000 () Q Fid the sum of ratioal terms i the biomial expasio of () m Q Q Q The sum of the coefficiets of the first three terms of the expasio x, x 0, m beig a x atural umber, is Fid the coefficiet of x ( C()) For what values of m the coefficiet of the (m+) th ad (m+)th terms i the expasio of (+x) 0 are equal (m=) Show that the middle term i the expasio of (+x) is ( ) x!

3sin A 1 2sin B. 3π x is a solution. 1. If A and B are acute positive angles satisfying the equation 3sin A 2sin B 1 and 3sin 2A 2sin 2B 0, then A 2B

3sin A 1 2sin B. 3π x is a solution. 1. If A and B are acute positive angles satisfying the equation 3sin A 2sin B 1 and 3sin 2A 2sin 2B 0, then A 2B 1. If A ad B are acute positive agles satisfyig the equatio 3si A si B 1 ad 3si A si B 0, the A B (a) (b) (c) (d) 6. 3 si A + si B = 1 3si A 1 si B 3 si A = cosb Also 3 si A si B = 0 si B = 3 si A Now,

More information

Q.11 If S be the sum, P the product & R the sum of the reciprocals of a GP, find the value of

Q.11 If S be the sum, P the product & R the sum of the reciprocals of a GP, find the value of Brai Teasures Progressio ad Series By Abhijit kumar Jha EXERCISE I Q If the 0th term of a HP is & st term of the same HP is 0, the fid the 0 th term Q ( ) Show that l (4 36 08 up to terms) = l + l 3 Q3

More information

Objective Mathematics

Objective Mathematics . If sum of '' terms of a sequece is give by S Tr ( )( ), the 4 5 67 r (d) 4 9 r is equal to : T. Let a, b, c be distict o-zero real umbers such that a, b, c are i harmoic progressio ad a, b, c are i arithmetic

More information

EXERCISE - 01 CHECK YOUR GRASP

EXERCISE - 01 CHECK YOUR GRASP J-Mathematics XRCIS - 0 CHCK YOUR GRASP SLCT TH CORRCT ALTRNATIV (ONLY ON CORRCT ANSWR). The maximum value of the sum of the A.P. 0, 8, 6,,... is - 68 60 6. Let T r be the r th term of a A.P. for r =,,,...

More information

SEQUENCE AND SERIES NCERT

SEQUENCE AND SERIES NCERT 9. Overview By a sequece, we mea a arragemet of umbers i a defiite order accordig to some rule. We deote the terms of a sequece by a, a,..., etc., the subscript deotes the positio of the term. I view of

More information

05 - PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS Page 1 ( Answers at the end of all questions )

05 - PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS Page 1 ( Answers at the end of all questions ) 05 - PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS Page 1 ( Aswers at the ed of all questios ) ( 1 ) If the letters of the word SACHIN are arraged i all possible ways ad these words are writte out as i dictioary, the

More information

ARITHMETIC PROGRESSION

ARITHMETIC PROGRESSION CHAPTER 5 ARITHMETIC PROGRESSION Poits to Remember :. A sequece is a arragemet of umbers or objects i a defiite order.. A sequece a, a, a 3,..., a,... is called a Arithmetic Progressio (A.P) if there exists

More information

[ 11 ] z of degree 2 as both degree 2 each. The degree of a polynomial in n variables is the maximum of the degrees of its terms.

[ 11 ] z of degree 2 as both degree 2 each. The degree of a polynomial in n variables is the maximum of the degrees of its terms. [ 11 ] 1 1.1 Polyomial Fuctios 1 Algebra Ay fuctio f ( x) ax a1x... a1x a0 is a polyomial fuctio if ai ( i 0,1,,,..., ) is a costat which belogs to the set of real umbers ad the idices,, 1,...,1 are atural

More information

Assignment ( ) Class-XI. = iii. v. A B= A B '

Assignment ( ) Class-XI. = iii. v. A B= A B ' Assigmet (8-9) Class-XI. Proe that: ( A B)' = A' B ' i A ( BAC) = ( A B) ( A C) ii A ( B C) = ( A B) ( A C) iv. A B= A B= φ v. A B= A B ' v A B B ' A'. A relatio R is dified o the set z of itegers as:

More information

VERY SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS (1 MARK)

VERY SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS (1 MARK) VERY SHORT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS ( MARK). If th term of a A.P. is 6 7 the write its 50 th term.. If S = +, the write a. Which term of the sequece,, 0, 7,... is 6? 4. If i a A.P. 7 th term is 9 ad 9 th

More information

ARRANGEMENTS IN A CIRCLE

ARRANGEMENTS IN A CIRCLE ARRANGEMENTS IN A CIRCLE Whe objects are arraged i a circle, the total umber of arragemets is reduced. The arragemet of (say) four people i a lie is easy ad o problem (if they liste of course!!). With

More information

Complex Numbers Solutions

Complex Numbers Solutions Complex Numbers Solutios Joseph Zoller February 7, 06 Solutios. (009 AIME I Problem ) There is a complex umber with imagiary part 64 ad a positive iteger such that Fid. [Solutio: 697] 4i + + 4i. 4i 4i

More information

BRAIN TEASURES TRIGONOMETRICAL RATIOS BY ABHIJIT KUMAR JHA EXERCISE I. or tan &, lie between 0 &, then find the value of tan 2.

BRAIN TEASURES TRIGONOMETRICAL RATIOS BY ABHIJIT KUMAR JHA EXERCISE I. or tan &, lie between 0 &, then find the value of tan 2. EXERCISE I Q Prove that cos² + cos² (+ ) cos cos cos (+ ) ² Q Prove that cos ² + cos (+ ) + cos (+ ) Q Prove that, ta + ta + ta + cot cot Q Prove that : (a) ta 0 ta 0 ta 60 ta 0 (b) ta 9 ta 7 ta 6 + ta

More information

2) 3 π. EAMCET Maths Practice Questions Examples with hints and short cuts from few important chapters

2) 3 π. EAMCET Maths Practice Questions Examples with hints and short cuts from few important chapters EAMCET Maths Practice Questios Examples with hits ad short cuts from few importat chapters. If the vectors pi j + 5k, i qj + 5k are colliear the (p,q) ) 0 ) 3) 4) Hit : p 5 p, q q 5.If the vectors i j

More information

Permutations, Combinations, and the Binomial Theorem

Permutations, Combinations, and the Binomial Theorem Permutatios, ombiatios, ad the Biomial Theorem Sectio Permutatios outig methods are used to determie the umber of members of a specific set as well as outcomes of a evet. There are may differet ways to

More information

Poornima University, For any query, contact us at: ,18

Poornima University, For any query, contact us at: ,18 AIEEE/1/MAHS 1 S. No Questios Solutios Q.1 he circle passig through (1, ) ad touchig the axis of x at (, ) also passes through the poit (a) (, ) (b) (, ) (c) (, ) (d) (, ) Q. ABCD is a trapezium such that

More information

SEQUENCES AND SERIES

SEQUENCES AND SERIES Sequeces ad 6 Sequeces Ad SEQUENCES AND SERIES Successio of umbers of which oe umber is desigated as the first, other as the secod, aother as the third ad so o gives rise to what is called a sequece. Sequeces

More information

BITSAT MATHEMATICS PAPER III. For the followig liear programmig problem : miimize z = + y subject to the costraits + y, + y 8, y, 0, the solutio is (0, ) ad (, ) (0, ) ad ( /, ) (0, ) ad (, ) (d) (0, )

More information

ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS

ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS CHAPTER 5 ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS (A) Mai Cocepts ad Results A arithmetic progressio (AP) is a list of umbers i which each term is obtaied by addig a fixed umber d to the precedig term, except the first

More information

SEQUENCE AND SERIES. Contents. Theory Exercise Exercise Exercise Exercise

SEQUENCE AND SERIES. Contents. Theory Exercise Exercise Exercise Exercise SEQUENCE AND SERIES Cotets Topic Page No. Theory 0-0 Exercise - 05-09 Exercise - 0-3 Exercise - 3-7 Exercise - 8-9 Aswer Key 0 - Syllabus Arithmetic, geometric ad harmoic progressios, arithmetic, geometric

More information

JEE ADVANCED 2013 PAPER 1 MATHEMATICS

JEE ADVANCED 2013 PAPER 1 MATHEMATICS Oly Oe Optio Correct Type JEE ADVANCED 0 PAPER MATHEMATICS This sectio cotais TEN questios. Each has FOUR optios (A), (B), (C) ad (D) out of which ONLY ONE is correct.. The value of (A) 5 (C) 4 cot cot

More information

07 - SEQUENCES AND SERIES Page 1 ( Answers at he end of all questions ) b, z = n

07 - SEQUENCES AND SERIES Page 1 ( Answers at he end of all questions ) b, z = n 07 - SEQUENCES AND SERIES Page ( Aswers at he ed of all questios ) ( ) If = a, y = b, z = c, where a, b, c are i A.P. ad = 0 = 0 = 0 l a l

More information

Progressions. ILLUSTRATION 1 11, 7, 3, -1, i s an A.P. whose first term is 11 and the common difference 7-11=-4.

Progressions. ILLUSTRATION 1 11, 7, 3, -1, i s an A.P. whose first term is 11 and the common difference 7-11=-4. Progressios SEQUENCE A sequece is a fuctio whose domai is the set N of atural umbers. REAL SEQUENCE A Sequece whose rage is a subset of R is called a real sequece. I other words, a real sequece is a fuctio

More information

INEQUALITIES BJORN POONEN

INEQUALITIES BJORN POONEN INEQUALITIES BJORN POONEN 1 The AM-GM iequality The most basic arithmetic mea-geometric mea (AM-GM) iequality states simply that if x ad y are oegative real umbers, the (x + y)/2 xy, with equality if ad

More information

Section 5.1 The Basics of Counting

Section 5.1 The Basics of Counting 1 Sectio 5.1 The Basics of Coutig Combiatorics, the study of arragemets of objects, is a importat part of discrete mathematics. I this chapter, we will lear basic techiques of coutig which has a lot of

More information

CHAPTER - 9 SEQUENCES AND SERIES KEY POINTS A sequece is a fuctio whose domai is the set N of atural umbers. A sequece whose rage is a subset of R is called a real sequece. Geeral A.P. is, a, a + d, a

More information

Objective Mathematics

Objective Mathematics -0 {Mais & Advace} B.E.(CIVIL), MNIT,JAIPUR(Rajastha) Copyright L.K.Sharma 0. Er. L.K.Sharma a egieerig graduate from NIT, Jaipur (Rajastha), {Gold medalist, Uiversity of Rajastha} is a well kow ame amog

More information

Solutions for May. 3 x + 7 = 4 x x +

Solutions for May. 3 x + 7 = 4 x x + Solutios for May 493. Prove that there is a atural umber with the followig characteristics: a) it is a multiple of 007; b) the first four digits i its decimal represetatio are 009; c) the last four digits

More information

Chapter 6 Infinite Series

Chapter 6 Infinite Series Chapter 6 Ifiite Series I the previous chapter we cosidered itegrals which were improper i the sese that the iterval of itegratio was ubouded. I this chapter we are goig to discuss a topic which is somewhat

More information

Mathematics Extension 2

Mathematics Extension 2 009 HIGHER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION Mathematics Etesio Geeral Istructios Readig time 5 miutes Workig time hours Write usig black or blue pe Board-approved calculators may be used A table of stadard

More information

Presentation of complex number in Cartesian and polar coordinate system

Presentation of complex number in Cartesian and polar coordinate system a + bi, aεr, bεr i = z = a + bi a = Re(z), b = Im(z) give z = a + bi & w = c + di, a + bi = c + di a = c & b = d The complex cojugate of z = a + bi is z = a bi The sum of complex cojugates is real: z +

More information

SINGLE CORRECT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS: TRIGONOMETRY 2 2

SINGLE CORRECT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS: TRIGONOMETRY 2 2 Class-Jr.X_E-E SIMPLE HOLIDAY PACKAGE CLASS-IX MATHEMATICS SUB BATCH : E-E SINGLE CORRECT ANSWER TYPE QUESTIONS: TRIGONOMETRY. siθ+cosθ + siθ cosθ = ) ) ). If a cos q, y bsi q, the a y b ) ) ). The value

More information

Chapter 7 COMBINATIONS AND PERMUTATIONS. where we have the specific formula for the binomial coefficients:

Chapter 7 COMBINATIONS AND PERMUTATIONS. where we have the specific formula for the binomial coefficients: Chapter 7 COMBINATIONS AND PERMUTATIONS We have see i the previous chapter that (a + b) ca be writte as 0 a % a & b%þ% a & b %þ% b where we have the specific formula for the biomial coefficiets: '!!(&)!

More information

Math 155 (Lecture 3)

Math 155 (Lecture 3) Math 55 (Lecture 3) September 8, I this lecture, we ll cosider the aswer to oe of the most basic coutig problems i combiatorics Questio How may ways are there to choose a -elemet subset of the set {,,,

More information

UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO MATHEMATICS CONTEST. First Round For all Colorado Students Grades 7-12 November 3, 2007

UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO MATHEMATICS CONTEST. First Round For all Colorado Students Grades 7-12 November 3, 2007 UNIVERSITY OF NORTHERN COLORADO MATHEMATICS CONTEST First Roud For all Colorado Studets Grades 7- November, 7 The positive itegers are,,, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,,,,. The Pythagorea Theorem says that a + b =

More information

Objective Mathematics

Objective Mathematics 6. If si () + cos () =, the is equal to :. If <

More information

Regn. No. North Delhi : 33-35, Mall Road, G.T.B. Nagar (Opp. Metro Gate No. 3), Delhi-09, Ph: ,

Regn. No. North Delhi : 33-35, Mall Road, G.T.B. Nagar (Opp. Metro Gate No. 3), Delhi-09, Ph: , . Sectio-A cotais 30 Multiple Choice Questios (MCQ). Each questio has 4 choices (a), (b), (c) ad (d), for its aswer, out of which ONLY ONE is correct. From Q. to Q.0 carries Marks ad Q. to Q.30 carries

More information

WBJEE Answer Keys by Aakash Institute, Kolkata Centre

WBJEE Answer Keys by Aakash Institute, Kolkata Centre WBJEE - 7 Aswer Keys by, Kolkata Cetre MATHEMATICS Q.No. B A C B A C A B 3 D C B B 4 B C D D 5 D A B B 6 C D B B 7 B C C A 8 B B A A 9 A * B D C C B B D A A D B B C B 3 A D D D 4 C B A A 5 C B B B 6 C

More information

WBJEE MATHEMATICS

WBJEE MATHEMATICS WBJEE - 06 MATHEMATICS Q.No. 0 A C B B 0 B B A B 0 C A C C 0 A B C C 05 A A B C 06 B C B C 07 B C A D 08 C C C A 09 D D C C 0 A C A B B C B A A C A B D A A A B B D C 5 B C C C 6 C A B B 7 C A A B 8 C B

More information

1 Generating functions for balls in boxes

1 Generating functions for balls in boxes Math 566 Fall 05 Some otes o geeratig fuctios Give a sequece a 0, a, a,..., a,..., a geeratig fuctio some way of represetig the sequece as a fuctio. There are may ways to do this, with the most commo ways

More information

PUTNAM TRAINING INEQUALITIES

PUTNAM TRAINING INEQUALITIES PUTNAM TRAINING INEQUALITIES (Last updated: December, 207) Remark This is a list of exercises o iequalities Miguel A Lerma Exercises If a, b, c > 0, prove that (a 2 b + b 2 c + c 2 a)(ab 2 + bc 2 + ca

More information

It is always the case that unions, intersections, complements, and set differences are preserved by the inverse image of a function.

It is always the case that unions, intersections, complements, and set differences are preserved by the inverse image of a function. MATH 532 Measurable Fuctios Dr. Neal, WKU Throughout, let ( X, F, µ) be a measure space ad let (!, F, P ) deote the special case of a probability space. We shall ow begi to study real-valued fuctios defied

More information

3.2 Properties of Division 3.3 Zeros of Polynomials 3.4 Complex and Rational Zeros of Polynomials

3.2 Properties of Division 3.3 Zeros of Polynomials 3.4 Complex and Rational Zeros of Polynomials Math 60 www.timetodare.com 3. Properties of Divisio 3.3 Zeros of Polyomials 3.4 Complex ad Ratioal Zeros of Polyomials I these sectios we will study polyomials algebraically. Most of our work will be cocered

More information

We will conclude the chapter with the study a few methods and techniques which are useful

We will conclude the chapter with the study a few methods and techniques which are useful Chapter : Coordiate geometry: I this chapter we will lear about the mai priciples of graphig i a dimesioal (D) Cartesia system of coordiates. We will focus o drawig lies ad the characteristics of the graphs

More information

GRADE 12 JUNE 2016 MATHEMATICS P1

GRADE 12 JUNE 2016 MATHEMATICS P1 NATIONAL SENIOR CERTIFICATE GRADE 1 JUNE 016 MATHEMATICS P1 MARKS: 150 TIME: 3 hours *MATHE1* This questio paper cosists of 14 pages, icludig a iformatio sheet. MATHEMATICS P1 (EC/JUNE 016) INSTRUCTIONS

More information

SAFE HANDS & IIT-ian's PACE EDT-10 (JEE) SOLUTIONS

SAFE HANDS & IIT-ian's PACE EDT-10 (JEE) SOLUTIONS . If their mea positios coicide with each other, maimum separatio will be A. Now from phasor diagram, we ca clearly see the phase differece. SAFE HANDS & IIT-ia's PACE ad Aswer : Optio (4) 5. Aswer : Optio

More information

TEACHER CERTIFICATION STUDY GUIDE

TEACHER CERTIFICATION STUDY GUIDE COMPETENCY 1. ALGEBRA SKILL 1.1 1.1a. ALGEBRAIC STRUCTURES Kow why the real ad complex umbers are each a field, ad that particular rigs are ot fields (e.g., itegers, polyomial rigs, matrix rigs) Algebra

More information

and each factor on the right is clearly greater than 1. which is a contradiction, so n must be prime.

and each factor on the right is clearly greater than 1. which is a contradiction, so n must be prime. MATH 324 Summer 200 Elemetary Number Theory Solutios to Assigmet 2 Due: Wedesday July 2, 200 Questio [p 74 #6] Show that o iteger of the form 3 + is a prime, other tha 2 = 3 + Solutio: If 3 + is a prime,

More information

SEQUENCES AND SERIES

SEQUENCES AND SERIES 9 SEQUENCES AND SERIES INTRODUCTION Sequeces have may importat applicatios i several spheres of huma activities Whe a collectio of objects is arraged i a defiite order such that it has a idetified first

More information

ANSWERSHEET (TOPIC = ALGEBRA) COLLECTION #2

ANSWERSHEET (TOPIC = ALGEBRA) COLLECTION #2 Teko Classes IITJEE/AIEEE Maths by SUHAAG SIR, Bhopal, Ph (0755) 00 000 www.tekoclasses.com ANSWERSHEET (TOPIC ALGEBRA) COLLECTION # Questio Type A.Sigle Correct Type Q. (B) Sol ( 5 7 ) ( 5 7 9 )!!!! C

More information

September 2012 C1 Note. C1 Notes (Edexcel) Copyright - For AS, A2 notes and IGCSE / GCSE worksheets 1

September 2012 C1 Note. C1 Notes (Edexcel) Copyright   - For AS, A2 notes and IGCSE / GCSE worksheets 1 September 0 s (Edecel) Copyright www.pgmaths.co.uk - For AS, A otes ad IGCSE / GCSE worksheets September 0 Copyright www.pgmaths.co.uk - For AS, A otes ad IGCSE / GCSE worksheets September 0 Copyright

More information

COMPLEX NUMBERS AND DE MOIVRE'S THEOREM SYNOPSIS. Ay umber of the form x+iy where x, y R ad i = - is called a complex umber.. I the complex umber x+iy, x is called the real part ad y is called the imagiary

More information

First selection test, May 1 st, 2008

First selection test, May 1 st, 2008 First selectio test, May st, 2008 Problem. Let p be a prime umber, p 3, ad let a, b be iteger umbers so that p a + b ad p 2 a 3 + b 3. Show that p 2 a + b or p 3 a 3 + b 3. Problem 2. Prove that for ay

More information

PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS

PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS 5. PERMUTATIONS AND COMBINATIONS 1. INTRODUCTION The mai subject of this chapter is coutig. Give a set of objects the problem is to arrage some or all of them accordig to some order or to select some or

More information

MTH Assignment 1 : Real Numbers, Sequences

MTH Assignment 1 : Real Numbers, Sequences MTH -26 Assigmet : Real Numbers, Sequeces. Fid the supremum of the set { m m+ : N, m Z}. 2. Let A be a o-empty subset of R ad α R. Show that α = supa if ad oly if α is ot a upper boud of A but α + is a

More information

Assignment 1 : Real Numbers, Sequences. for n 1. Show that (x n ) converges. Further, by observing that x n+2 + x n+1

Assignment 1 : Real Numbers, Sequences. for n 1. Show that (x n ) converges. Further, by observing that x n+2 + x n+1 Assigmet : Real Numbers, Sequeces. Let A be a o-empty subset of R ad α R. Show that α = supa if ad oly if α is ot a upper boud of A but α + is a upper boud of A for every N. 2. Let y (, ) ad x (, ). Evaluate

More information

Mathematics Extension 2

Mathematics Extension 2 004 HIGHER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION Mathematics Etesio Geeral Istructios Readig time 5 miutes Workig time hours Write usig black or blue pe Board-approved calculators may be used A table of stadard

More information

STUDY PACKAGE. Subject : Mathematics Topic : Permutation and Combination Available Online :

STUDY PACKAGE. Subject : Mathematics Topic : Permutation and Combination Available Online : fo/u fopkjr Hkh# tu] ugha vkjehks dke] foifr s[k NksM+s rqjar e/;e eu dj ';kea iq#"k flag ladyi dj] lgrs foifr vusd] ^cuk^ u NksM+s /;s; dks] j?kqcj jk[ks VsdAA jfpr% ekuo /kez iz.ksrk l~xq# Jh j.knksm+klth

More information

(A sequence also can be thought of as the list of function values attained for a function f :ℵ X, where f (n) = x n for n 1.) x 1 x N +k x N +4 x 3

(A sequence also can be thought of as the list of function values attained for a function f :ℵ X, where f (n) = x n for n 1.) x 1 x N +k x N +4 x 3 MATH 337 Sequeces Dr. Neal, WKU Let X be a metric space with distace fuctio d. We shall defie the geeral cocept of sequece ad limit i a metric space, the apply the results i particular to some special

More information

VIVEKANANDA VIDYALAYA MATRIC HR SEC SCHOOL FIRST MODEL EXAM (A) 10th Standard Reg.No. : MATHEMATICS - MOD EXAM 1(A)

VIVEKANANDA VIDYALAYA MATRIC HR SEC SCHOOL FIRST MODEL EXAM (A) 10th Standard Reg.No. : MATHEMATICS - MOD EXAM 1(A) Time : 0:30:00 Hrs VIVEKANANDA VIDYALAYA MATRIC HR SEC SCHOOL FIRST MODEL EXAM 018-19(A) 10th Stadard Reg.No. : MATHEMATICS - MOD EXAM 1(A) Total Mark : 100 I. CHOOSE THE BEST ANSWER WITH CORRECT OPTION:-

More information

Intermediate Math Circles November 4, 2009 Counting II

Intermediate Math Circles November 4, 2009 Counting II Uiversity of Waterloo Faculty of Mathematics Cetre for Educatio i Mathematics ad Computig Itermediate Math Circles November 4, 009 Coutig II Last time, after lookig at the product rule ad sum rule, we

More information

MODEL TEST PAPER II Time : hours Maximum Marks : 00 Geeral Istructios : (i) (iii) (iv) All questios are compulsory. The questio paper cosists of 9 questios divided ito three Sectios A, B ad C. Sectio A

More information

Zeros of Polynomials

Zeros of Polynomials Math 160 www.timetodare.com 4.5 4.6 Zeros of Polyomials I these sectios we will study polyomials algebraically. Most of our work will be cocered with fidig the solutios of polyomial equatios of ay degree

More information

METRO EAST EDUCATION DISTRICT

METRO EAST EDUCATION DISTRICT METRO EAST EDUCATION DISTRICT COMMON PAPER GRADE 1 MATHEMATICS P1 SEPTEMBER 018 MARKS: 150 TIME: 3 hours This questio paper cosists of 10 pages ad 1 iformatio sheet. INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION Read the

More information

4.1 Sigma Notation and Riemann Sums

4.1 Sigma Notation and Riemann Sums 0 the itegral. Sigma Notatio ad Riema Sums Oe strategy for calculatig the area of a regio is to cut the regio ito simple shapes, calculate the area of each simple shape, ad the add these smaller areas

More information

MATH 324 Summer 2006 Elementary Number Theory Solutions to Assignment 2 Due: Thursday July 27, 2006

MATH 324 Summer 2006 Elementary Number Theory Solutions to Assignment 2 Due: Thursday July 27, 2006 MATH 34 Summer 006 Elemetary Number Theory Solutios to Assigmet Due: Thursday July 7, 006 Departmet of Mathematical ad Statistical Scieces Uiversity of Alberta Questio [p 74 #6] Show that o iteger of the

More information

IYGB. Special Extension Paper E. Time: 3 hours 30 minutes. Created by T. Madas. Created by T. Madas

IYGB. Special Extension Paper E. Time: 3 hours 30 minutes. Created by T. Madas. Created by T. Madas YGB Special Extesio Paper E Time: 3 hours 30 miutes Cadidates may NOT use ay calculator. formatio for Cadidates This practice paper follows the Advaced Level Mathematics Core ad the Advaced Level Further

More information

APPENDIX F Complex Numbers

APPENDIX F Complex Numbers APPENDIX F Complex Numbers Operatios with Complex Numbers Complex Solutios of Quadratic Equatios Polar Form of a Complex Number Powers ad Roots of Complex Numbers Operatios with Complex Numbers Some equatios

More information

JEE(Advanced) 2018 TEST PAPER WITH SOLUTION (HELD ON SUNDAY 20 th MAY, 2018)

JEE(Advanced) 2018 TEST PAPER WITH SOLUTION (HELD ON SUNDAY 20 th MAY, 2018) JEE(Advaced) 08 TEST PAPER WITH SOLUTION (HELD ON SUNDAY 0 th MAY, 08) PART- : JEE(Advaced) 08/Paper- SECTION. For ay positive iteger, defie ƒ : (0, ) as ƒ () j ta j j for all (0, ). (Here, the iverse

More information

Solutions. tan 2 θ(tan 2 θ + 1) = cot6 θ,

Solutions. tan 2 θ(tan 2 θ + 1) = cot6 θ, Solutios 99. Let A ad B be two poits o a parabola with vertex V such that V A is perpedicular to V B ad θ is the agle betwee the chord V A ad the axis of the parabola. Prove that V A V B cot3 θ. Commet.

More information

Solutions to Math 347 Practice Problems for the final

Solutions to Math 347 Practice Problems for the final Solutios to Math 347 Practice Problems for the fial 1) True or False: a) There exist itegers x,y such that 50x + 76y = 6. True: the gcd of 50 ad 76 is, ad 6 is a multiple of. b) The ifiimum of a set is

More information

18th Bay Area Mathematical Olympiad. Problems and Solutions. February 23, 2016

18th Bay Area Mathematical Olympiad. Problems and Solutions. February 23, 2016 18th Bay Area Mathematical Olympiad February 3, 016 Problems ad Solutios BAMO-8 ad BAMO-1 are each 5-questio essay-proof exams, for middle- ad high-school studets, respectively. The problems i each exam

More information

Math 475, Problem Set #12: Answers

Math 475, Problem Set #12: Answers Math 475, Problem Set #12: Aswers A. Chapter 8, problem 12, parts (b) ad (d). (b) S # (, 2) = 2 2, sice, from amog the 2 ways of puttig elemets ito 2 distiguishable boxes, exactly 2 of them result i oe

More information

Sets. Sets. Operations on Sets Laws of Algebra of Sets Cardinal Number of a Finite and Infinite Set. Representation of Sets Power Set Venn Diagram

Sets. Sets. Operations on Sets Laws of Algebra of Sets Cardinal Number of a Finite and Infinite Set. Representation of Sets Power Set Venn Diagram Sets MILESTONE Sets Represetatio of Sets Power Set Ve Diagram Operatios o Sets Laws of lgebra of Sets ardial Number of a Fiite ad Ifiite Set I Mathematical laguage all livig ad o-livig thigs i uiverse

More information

Infinite Sequences and Series

Infinite Sequences and Series Chapter 6 Ifiite Sequeces ad Series 6.1 Ifiite Sequeces 6.1.1 Elemetary Cocepts Simply speakig, a sequece is a ordered list of umbers writte: {a 1, a 2, a 3,...a, a +1,...} where the elemets a i represet

More information

Topic 1 2: Sequences and Series. A sequence is an ordered list of numbers, e.g. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, or

Topic 1 2: Sequences and Series. A sequence is an ordered list of numbers, e.g. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, or Topic : Sequeces ad Series A sequece is a ordered list of umbers, e.g.,,, 8, 6, or,,,.... A series is a sum of the terms of a sequece, e.g. + + + 8 + 6 + or... Sigma Notatio b The otatio f ( k) is shorthad

More information

MATH 304: MIDTERM EXAM SOLUTIONS

MATH 304: MIDTERM EXAM SOLUTIONS MATH 304: MIDTERM EXAM SOLUTIONS [The problems are each worth five poits, except for problem 8, which is worth 8 poits. Thus there are 43 possible poits.] 1. Use the Euclidea algorithm to fid the greatest

More information

Lesson 10: Limits and Continuity

Lesson 10: Limits and Continuity www.scimsacademy.com Lesso 10: Limits ad Cotiuity SCIMS Academy 1 Limit of a fuctio The cocept of limit of a fuctio is cetral to all other cocepts i calculus (like cotiuity, derivative, defiite itegrals

More information

CSE 191, Class Note 05: Counting Methods Computer Sci & Eng Dept SUNY Buffalo

CSE 191, Class Note 05: Counting Methods Computer Sci & Eng Dept SUNY Buffalo Coutig Methods CSE 191, Class Note 05: Coutig Methods Computer Sci & Eg Dept SUNY Buffalo c Xi He (Uiversity at Buffalo CSE 191 Discrete Structures 1 / 48 Need for Coutig The problem of coutig the umber

More information

CSE 1400 Applied Discrete Mathematics Number Theory and Proofs

CSE 1400 Applied Discrete Mathematics Number Theory and Proofs CSE 1400 Applied Discrete Mathematics Number Theory ad Proofs Departmet of Computer Scieces College of Egieerig Florida Tech Sprig 01 Problems for Number Theory Backgroud Number theory is the brach of

More information

+ {JEE Advace 03} Sept 0 Name: Batch (Day) Phoe No. IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO HAVE A GOOD MIND, THE MAIN THING IS TO USE IT WELL Marks: 00. If A (α, β) = (a) A( α, β) = A( α, β) (c) Adj (A ( α, β)) = Sol : We

More information

ANSWERS SOLUTIONS iiii i. and 1. Thus, we have. i i i. i, A.

ANSWERS SOLUTIONS iiii i. and 1. Thus, we have. i i i. i, A. 013 ΜΑΘ Natioal Covetio ANSWERS (1) C A A A B (6) B D D A B (11) C D D A A (16) D B A A C (1) D B C B C (6) D C B C C 1. We have SOLUTIONS 1 3 11 61 iiii 131161 i 013 013, C.. The powers of i cycle betwee

More information

[ 47 ] then T ( m ) is true for all n a. 2. The greatest integer function : [ ] is defined by selling [ x]

[ 47 ] then T ( m ) is true for all n a. 2. The greatest integer function : [ ] is defined by selling [ x] [ 47 ] Number System 1. Itroductio Pricile : Let { T ( ) : N} be a set of statemets, oe for each atural umber. If (i), T ( a ) is true for some a N ad (ii) T ( k ) is true imlies T ( k 1) is true for all

More information

Complex Numbers. Brief Notes. z = a + bi

Complex Numbers. Brief Notes. z = a + bi Defiitios Complex Numbers Brief Notes A complex umber z is a expressio of the form: z = a + bi where a ad b are real umbers ad i is thought of as 1. We call a the real part of z, writte Re(z), ad b the

More information

(5x 7) is. 63(5x 7) 42(5x 7) 50(5x 7) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS (Three hours and a quarter)

(5x 7) is. 63(5x 7) 42(5x 7) 50(5x 7) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS (Three hours and a quarter) BUSINESS MATHEMATICS (Three hours ad a quarter) (The first 5 miutes of the examiatio are for readig the paper oly. Cadidate must NOT start writig durig this time). ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More information

PAPER : IIT-JAM 2010

PAPER : IIT-JAM 2010 MATHEMATICS-MA (CODE A) Q.-Q.5: Oly oe optio is correct for each questio. Each questio carries (+6) marks for correct aswer ad ( ) marks for icorrect aswer.. Which of the followig coditios does NOT esure

More information

MIDTERM 3 CALCULUS 2. Monday, December 3, :15 PM to 6:45 PM. Name PRACTICE EXAM SOLUTIONS

MIDTERM 3 CALCULUS 2. Monday, December 3, :15 PM to 6:45 PM. Name PRACTICE EXAM SOLUTIONS MIDTERM 3 CALCULUS MATH 300 FALL 08 Moday, December 3, 08 5:5 PM to 6:45 PM Name PRACTICE EXAM S Please aswer all of the questios, ad show your work. You must explai your aswers to get credit. You will

More information

Math 140A Elementary Analysis Homework Questions 1

Math 140A Elementary Analysis Homework Questions 1 Math 14A Elemetary Aalysis Homewor Questios 1 1 Itroductio 1.1 The Set N of Natural Numbers 1 Prove that 1 2 2 2 2 1 ( 1(2 1 for all atural umbers. 2 Prove that 3 11 (8 5 4 2 for all N. 4 (a Guess a formula

More information

Modern Algebra. Previous year Questions from 2017 to Ramanasri

Modern Algebra. Previous year Questions from 2017 to Ramanasri Moder Algebra Previous year Questios from 017 to 199 Ramaasri 017 S H O P NO- 4, 1 S T F L O O R, N E A R R A P I D F L O U R M I L L S, O L D R A J E N D E R N A G A R, N E W D E L H I. W E B S I T E

More information

We are mainly going to be concerned with power series in x, such as. (x)} converges - that is, lims N n

We are mainly going to be concerned with power series in x, such as. (x)} converges - that is, lims N n Review of Power Series, Power Series Solutios A power series i x - a is a ifiite series of the form c (x a) =c +c (x a)+(x a) +... We also call this a power series cetered at a. Ex. (x+) is cetered at

More information

CATHOLIC JUNIOR COLLEGE General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Higher 2 JC2 Preliminary Examination MATHEMATICS 9740/01

CATHOLIC JUNIOR COLLEGE General Certificate of Education Advanced Level Higher 2 JC2 Preliminary Examination MATHEMATICS 9740/01 CATHOLIC JUNIOR COLLEGE Geeral Certificate of Educatio Advaced Level Higher JC Prelimiary Examiatio MATHEMATICS 9740/0 Paper 4 Aug 06 hours Additioal Materials: List of Formulae (MF5) Name: Class: READ

More information

CALCULUS BASIC SUMMER REVIEW

CALCULUS BASIC SUMMER REVIEW CALCULUS BASIC SUMMER REVIEW NAME rise y y y Slope of a o vertical lie: m ru Poit Slope Equatio: y y m( ) The slope is m ad a poit o your lie is, ). ( y Slope-Itercept Equatio: y m b slope= m y-itercept=

More information

Substitute these values into the first equation to get ( z + 6) + ( z + 3) + z = 27. Then solve to get

Substitute these values into the first equation to get ( z + 6) + ( z + 3) + z = 27. Then solve to get Problem ) The sum of three umbers is 7. The largest mius the smallest is 6. The secod largest mius the smallest is. What are the three umbers? [Problem submitted by Vi Lee, LCC Professor of Mathematics.

More information

Solving equations (incl. radical equations) involving these skills, but ultimately solvable by factoring/quadratic formula (no complex roots)

Solving equations (incl. radical equations) involving these skills, but ultimately solvable by factoring/quadratic formula (no complex roots) Evet A: Fuctios ad Algebraic Maipulatio Factorig Square of a sum: ( a + b) = a + ab + b Square of a differece: ( a b) = a ab + b Differece of squares: a b = ( a b )(a + b ) Differece of cubes: a 3 b 3

More information

Chapter 4. Fourier Series

Chapter 4. Fourier Series Chapter 4. Fourier Series At this poit we are ready to ow cosider the caoical equatios. Cosider, for eample the heat equatio u t = u, < (4.) subject to u(, ) = si, u(, t) = u(, t) =. (4.) Here,

More information

In number theory we will generally be working with integers, though occasionally fractions and irrationals will come into play.

In number theory we will generally be working with integers, though occasionally fractions and irrationals will come into play. Number Theory Math 5840 otes. Sectio 1: Axioms. I umber theory we will geerally be workig with itegers, though occasioally fractios ad irratioals will come ito play. Notatio: Z deotes the set of all itegers

More information

GRADE 12 SEPTEMBER 2015 MATHEMATICS P1

GRADE 12 SEPTEMBER 2015 MATHEMATICS P1 NATIONAL SENIOR CERTIFICATE GRADE 1 SEPTEMBER 015 MATHEMATICS P1 MARKS: 150 TIME: 3 hours *MATHE1* This questio paper cosists of 10 pages, icludig a iformatio sheet. MATHEMATICS P1 (EC/SEPTEMBER 015) INSTRUCTIONS

More information

Solutions to Final Exam Review Problems

Solutions to Final Exam Review Problems . Let f(x) 4+x. Solutios to Fial Exam Review Problems Math 5C, Witer 2007 (a) Fid the Maclauri series for f(x), ad compute its radius of covergece. Solutio. f(x) 4( ( x/4)) ( x/4) ( ) 4 4 + x. Sice the

More information

Find a formula for the exponential function whose graph is given , 1 2,16 1, 6

Find a formula for the exponential function whose graph is given , 1 2,16 1, 6 Math 4 Activity (Due by EOC Apr. ) Graph the followig epoetial fuctios by modifyig the graph of f. Fid the rage of each fuctio.. g. g. g 4. g. g 6. g Fid a formula for the epoetial fuctio whose graph is

More information